- Overview of the Role of the Student Organizations Committee
The Committee discussed the role of the committee and reviewed student organization policies set forth by SGA in preparation for the current academic year. Topics included:
- Overview of the student organization recognition process
- Requirements of becoming a student organization
- Requirements of becoming a sports & recreation club
- The committee's role in disciplinary matters that are not violations of the Student or Student Organization Code of Conduct set forth by UMBC
- Overview of the student organization de-recognition process and scenarios for which this process may be used
- Review of the Student Organization Committee's previous recommendation of Basketball Club as a sports & recreation club.
After reviewing the current guidelines regarding the recognition process of sports & recreation clubs, the committee decided to withdraw its recommendation of the Basketball Club as a Sports/Recreation Club to OSL. The organization had not yet been recognized.
Tuesday, September 23, 2008
Friday, September 12, 2008
Posted by Erica Johnson, Coordinator at 3:27 PM